Spring is a time of renewal not just for nature, but also for humans. It’s a time to shed old habits and develop new ones like volunteering or serving your community or being a better father.
I started coaching baseball again this spring. It’s a blast! Here are 5 reasons to make yourself more useful:
- People need role models. Not just kids, grownups do, too. The world needs ’em! Be one.
- Karma exists. Sometimes being a good person can get you in a lot of trouble. But generally speaking the more good you do, the more you are rewarded in life in terms of opportunities and kindness.
- Connects you with others. Too many of us are shut-ins hiding behind devices, afraid to make eye contact for too long. Talk to people. Look them in the eyes. Get to know them.
- Strengthens your community. This country is fraying right now. But there are so many things we can agree on like serving our communities in some capacity. Build community wherever you are.
- Feeling useful and purposeful builds confidence which will make you more attractive to your spouse or potential target spouses.