These habits are the foundations of a happy life:
- Pray or meditate. Just take a few moments every morning to breathe, express your intention to have a good day, and wish peace and goodwill to your friends and family.
- Express gratitude. Before each meal, take a moment to express gratitude for your life.
- Take some time to write down your thoughts– particularly the ones that keep coming back over and over- in a journal.
- Read for self-improvement. Read the Bible, read a few self-help blogs, read some classic books. Invest time in this and yourself.
- Get outside, at least for a little bit. Unless it’s winter in Minnesota, get out and take a walk. This is why I suggest you get a dog.